Launching (October 18) on a first-come, first-served basis, the titles deemed “esteemed and valuable” will be able to be rented for 45 days.
In a statement, Solange detailed a bit more on the library:
“The Saint Heron Library continues the work we have been building by preserving collections of creators with the urgency they deserve. Together we seek to create an archive of stories and works we deem valuable. These works expand imaginations, and it is vital to us to make them accessible to students, and our communities for research and engagement, so that the works are integrated into our collective story and belong and grow with us. I look forward to the Saint Heron library continuously growing and evolving and over the next decade becoming a sacred space for literature and expressions for years to come.”
The books are centered around a common goal coined by Saint Heron to “build upon its urgent mission to preserve, collect and uplift the stories, works and archives that amplify vital voices within our communities.”
Below we’ve included how to secure books via the library if you’re a United States resident.
- Season One of the Saint Heron Library will launch and live on saintheron.com and will be open to US-based residents only.
- The library is free of charge and is based on a borrowing honor system via online registration.
- All 50 book titles will be announced October 18th and will be available via saintheron.com at 12pm ET/9am PT. All borrowers are granted to reserve one book per person. Requests are fulfilled on a first come, first served basis.
- Books will be shipped via Worldnet and will include shipping and return postage costs to ensure the library is free to readers.
- All borrowed books are due for return to the Saint Heron Library 45 days after the check-out date- on saintheron.com.
Source : OkayPlayer